Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dreaming Of Beauty Review

Dreaming of Beauty
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:Self Published
I think it is a stand alone but I'm not positive
*this was gifted to me by author for review*
A three hundred year old curse, a timeless legend, a love strong enough to last forever...

Fifteen year old Chloe Duncan finally has her Prince Charming and her life could not be more perfect. But after she meets a mysterious new boy, Logan Salinger, on the first day of school and is attacked by a womans hand that suddenly appears from the supply cabinet in art class, her story-book romance quickly unravels. Certain that the incident in her art class and the other bizarre things that have happened to her are due to an undiagnosed brain tumor, Chloe struggles with school and her relationships. Over the holiday break, during a much needed vacation, she travels to France with her family and it is there, at Manoir de Kergrec’h, the enchanting castle by the sea, that she learns about Camille Deveraux who lived at the manor over three hundred years ago. But things are stranger in France then they were back home, and Chloe soon discovers that she was Camille Deveraux, the real Sleeping Beauty. Now she knows the reason for her strange connection to Logan and she hopes that their love can finally break the curse that has plagued her for over three hundred years


Review
This wasn't what I was expecting. It has such a cool concept and the cover is beautiful. I was expecting it to be amazing. I think the writing focused a little too much on the characters and not enough on the plot.


I liked Chloe. I didn't like how she strung Evan along though. She knew how she felt and what she was doing to him but she never did anything about it. I loved Evan. I felt so bad for him. He was sweet. Logan was incredibly annoying in the beginning. How aggressive Chloe and Logan were towards each other was annoying. I knew she was gonna end up with him and once they got together they were cute. It just took too long. By the end I did like Logan.


The plot was slow in the beginning but it picked up in the middle. Overall this was a good book. I think it needed a little more excitement. I really like the idea of modern day fairy tales. This made me want to read more of them. I would recommend if you like fairy tales or your looking for something new. 3.5/5 stars


Jasmine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment