Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Guardians:The Girl Review

Guardians: The Girl
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
First book in a possible series
*This was gifted by author for review*
Emmy - a bookish, witty student - is rescued by six teenaged angels with powers, called Guardians. They've been sent to elicit the secret from her before the demons can. Emmy later learns that her name is the only clue to locating a sought-after bridge that for centuries, Evil has plotted to destroy; this would in turn bring about the end of humanity.

Things get worse when Emmy falls madly in love with Marcus, the well-intentioned but obstinate leader of the Guardians. He eventually confesses that he is in love with her as well. Unfortunately, Marcus has been warned by his clairvoyant and omniscient guide that should he and Emmy get together, the mission will fail and humanity will perish



Review
Words can't even describe my love for this book. It was beyond amazing. It was so original. I've never read an angel book like this. Every angel has a different power. Not only do they have wings but they get an awesome power too. That's just not fair. This is one of those book that you want to jump into. It was very hard to put down.


I really liked Emmy. She handles things pretty well. Sometimes she broke down but she's human what do you expect. At times she was a little desperate. That got kinda annoying. Marcus is amazing. I absolutely adore him. There was one thing that bothered me. He said he was going to stay with Ameana but by the end he wanted Emmy. I like Emmy better but I didn't like how it took the whole book for Marcus to make up his mind. Other then Marcus my two favorite guardians were Reese and Rio. Their powers were the best in my opinion. I didn't think we saw enough of Reese. Of course both my favorite characters might not have a big part in the sequel :(. Jay was awesome. I'm not really sure what his power was though. Ameana was incredibly annoying. I feel bad for her but she's a jerk. I loved Miku too. She was super sweet.


The storyline was fantastic. It had so many twists and turns. The excitement never stopped. Overall I love this book with all my heart. It has everything a book needs. Amazing characters and a fast paced plot. With that ending there better be a sequel. I might hurt someone if there isnt. Hopefully there will be and it won't take forever to come out. I highly recommend this. 5/5 Stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment