Sunday, February 26, 2012

Angelfire Review

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher: HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books
First book in Angelfire series
First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.
Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.
Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember


Review
This book was beyond amazing. I adore angel books. Sometimes I get tired of them just to read another one and fall in love. This was a book after my own heart. I always love a strong heroine with a snarky personality. Not only were the characters great but the plot was amazing. It was so fast paced but it still went into detail too. Everything was explained perfectly. I was never confused about what was going on.


I loved Ellie. She knows what she is but she still wants to hold onto her humanity. She always says she's not Gabriel she's Ellie. I really liked that. Gabriel can be a part of her but that doesn't mean she can't be Ellie too. At first I didnt like Will . I thought he was pushy and annoying. That feeling didn't last long. By the end I adore Will . He's amazing. One of the main reasons I love him so much is because he is willing to do anything for Ellie. They took forever to become cute. When they did it was amazing. Their absolutely adorable together. As adorable as they are their also incredibly scary. I would be scared out of my mind to come across them in a fight. Overall I'm obsessed with this book. It's amazing in every way possible. If you haven't read this go buy it. No seriously I will hunt you down and force you to read and love it :). 5/5 Stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment