Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano









****"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill at the Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.****




My pick this week is:


Burning Kingdoms (Internment Chronicles, #2)
Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano
Expected release date: March 10th, 2015
from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers


After escaping through the bottom of Internment, Morgan and her fellow fugitives aboard the great mechanical bird land on the ground to finally learn what has lived beneath their floating island home all these eons.The ground is a strange place where water falls from the sky as snow, and customers watch moving pictures and visit speakeasies. A place where families can have as many children as they want, their dead are buried in vast gardens of bodies, and Internment is the feature of an amusement park. It is also a land at war.

Everyone who fled Internment had their own reasons to escape their corrupt haven. But caught under the watchful eye of another king that wants to dominate his world, they wonder if coming to the ground will drag Internment down with them.
Guys, I seriously loved, loved, loved Perfect Ruin. It was so original and amazing. As always I'm a little nervous because it's a second book, but I trust Lauren DeStefano to deliver. I'm just not excited about that wait. And I liked the original cover so much. 


That's what I'm waiting on this week. Tell me what you're waiting on in the comments!

Marissa

1 comment:

  1. This sounds intriguing! I've loved the "floating islands" concept ever since I saw the Miyazaki movie Castle in the Sky.

    ReplyDelete