Friday, July 25, 2014

Author Love #27: Lauren Oliver



Displaying PicsArt_1389404701521.jpg
 Author Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many authors and books out there that we love so much and want the world to know about. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick one of your favorite authors. Write what you like about them and/or their books. You can also include an author bio and synopsis of their book if you want.




Author bio from website:
BORN: 1982 in New York, New York
RAISED: Primarily Westchester, New York, with brief forays to Paris and a short stay in Queens
EDUCATED: Graduated from the University of Chicago in 2004 and from NYU’s MFA program in 2008 WORKED: As an editorial assistant and then assistant editor at Razorbill, a division of Penguin Books; currently, co-owns the literary development company Paper Lantern Lit.




My love for Lauren Oliver started many years ago when I first read Delirium and fell in love with it. It grew when I read Before I Fall and the rest of the Delirium trilogy. It grows every time I meet her. She's always so funny and nice and takes a lot of time to talk to you and write cute personal things in your books. This woman writes books at what seems like super speed and I hate that I've not read all the books she's published, but I'm sure when I do my love will grow even more. If you've never read anything by her I don't know where you've been, but you're missing out. There's plenty to choose from and I suggest you do it soon.


That's the author I'm loving on this week. Any other lovely things to add? Let me know in the comments.


Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment