Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pawn by Aimee Carter Review

Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Netgalley
First book in the Blackhood Rebellion series
YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING. 
For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country. 
If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter. 
There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand.

Review
Can I say wow? That's honestly the only book I can think of to describe this beauty. This book is on another level and it was absolutely amazing. 

This is the story of Kitty. She can become a VII but there's a catch and its a big one. The choice is easy. As she's masked into the new Laila Hart she has two options. Join the rebellion or stop it. 

Kitty took some getting used too. I loved that she was super strong but it came across badly at times. I ended up loving her. I loved her sass. I loved that she always stood up for herself. I loved how caring she was. Knox, you have my whole heart in your hands. He was absolute perfection in ever way possible. I liked Benjy as well but not as much as Knox. I sense a love triangle coming and it kinda makes me wanna cry. 

Let me just say this storyline wins the prize. OMG it was amazing. It was dark. There was mystery and suspense. There was lots and lots of action. The world building was great. It's so nice to see such s unique dystopian. There really wasn't a single thing I didn't like. I cannot wait to continue this series.  

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment