Thursday, February 14, 2013

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis Review

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: Bought
Last book in the Across the Universe trilogy
Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.
But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.
Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.
FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.



Review
I can't believe it's really over. My babies are all grown up. This was the most amazing conclusion. It was like the best roller coaster in the world. It went up and down and all around with twists and turns. I read it in about a day and it was beyond amazing.

This one tells the story of Amy and Elder. They finally made it to Sole Earth but its not quite what they expected. Having been warned of the dangers of Sol Earth. They gave them together and must decide if the planet will ever be livable.

I've loved Elder from the start. I think he is the most amazing character. I love his personality. I love how much he's grown. I love how much he cared for his people. And, I love how adventurous he was. But I did wish he would stand up for himself. He did more of that in this than in other books though. I think he was as good a leader as he possibly could have been and wish his people would have treated him better. It shocks me how much Amy has grown. She's become so amazing. I loved her most in this because she really stood up for herself and what she wanted. She was so strong. Plus, Amy and Elder are the most adorable thing ever. I'm so happy their relationship worked out. This one had a ton if secondary characters. I loved the variety and the tension between them.

From page 1 this book never slows down. The storyline was amazing. The world Amy and Elder found themselves in was beautifully made. I loved how complex it was. I loved the attention to detail. I loved how we still saw characters from past books. I loved all the action and suspense. Let me just say I shed quite a few tears and did my fair share of telling. I explain more below in the video of my feels. Overall this was an amazing read. It's hard to say goodbye to this series. It has a very special place in my heart. If you haven't read this series, your missing out!







Jasmine
 
 
I also have a very interesting video of how this book made me feel after finishing! It's kinda crazy but I thought I would include it :). SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you loved this book too :) Sigh, it was just so damn perfect. <3 This whole series is amazing. I really want a fourth book, though ;) Thank you for sharing. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I can't wait to get my hands on this book! You make me need to read it even more.

    ReplyDelete