Sunday, February 3, 2013

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers Review

Personal Demons (Personal Demons, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Tor Teen
Source: Conference
First book in the Personal Demons trilogy
Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance---even her closest friends---and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.
What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy---all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.
But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.



Review
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. It's been awhile since I've read an angel and demon book. For about the first half I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this. But, by the end it had my heart. I was in love. The storyline was quite interesting. The characters were great. I'm a little on the late train with this one since the entire series is out! I can't wait to continue the story though.

This tells the story of Frannie. She thought she lived a normal life until two incredibly hot guys show up at her school. She finds herself attracted to both but was unsure why. But what she has no idea what she's in for!

I really liked Frannie. She had a pretty great personality. I liked how strong she was. She didn't take any crap from anyone. I liked that even with everything going on she still tried to live her life. I liked how she went from a normal girl to the most important human with the power to sway others. One thing I didn't like was how she had feelings for Luc and Gabe. Even though she pretty much has her mind made up still. It was annoying that she was with one but still attracted to the other. I had trouble picking which guy I liked best. Eventually Luc won. I think it's because he played such a big part in the story. I do hope we get more Gabe in future books. I'm ready to learn more about these characters.

This has what I would think as the normal angel/demon storyline. But, it was really unique. I loved the suspense. There was a nice amount of action. There was some tension between characters. This was pretty hard to put down because the plot never slowed. I liked that I couldn't predict the story. Everything was very well done. Overall I'm glad I finally got around to reading this. I really enjoyed it! I'm excited to continue the series. If you haven't read this one I highly recommend. Especially if you like angels and demons!








Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. I have no read any of these books but you know, this sounds like something I may enjoy. I like fast moving plots and angels and demons. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even heard of these books, but they sound good! I love when the main characters are likable, because that's the most important part for me. Great review!

    ReplyDelete