Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Review

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Little Brown
Source: Bought
Stand Alone
"Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?"
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.
A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?
Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Review
I have been dying to read this for a very long time. It wasn't really what I was expecting but I loved it. I feel like it was more about the Hadley's background than Oliver and Hadley. This has a really unique concept and I like what the author did with it.

I love Hadley( isnt that the most adorable name ever?). I feel like her personality fit so well with the story. She really grew throughout the story. I'm glad she ended up mkaing the right choice. I love Oliver with all my heart. He reminds me so much of Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. He's just adorable. I like how condiserate he was. He is a perfect gentleman. I feel like there wasn't enough cute. I wish Oliver and Hadley had been cuter. They had their moments but there was only a few closer to the end.

Other than the charcaters my favorite part was the concept. I loved Hadley's crazy London adventure. It was really relateable. I could see myself in her position. It really shows that just a few minutes can change your life. There is two reasons I couldnt put this down. One I was waiting for it to get cute and two it was to good to put down. There was a lot of adventure in the storyline and I couldn't wait to see how it was all going to end. I love how the author ended it. Everything tied up and worked perfectly. Overall I really enjoyed this. It helped with my branching out more into the contemporary. I can't wait to check out some of this author's other books. I highly recommend this one :). 4/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment