Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Selection by Kiera Cass Review

The Selection
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:HarperTeen
First book in The Selection series
Source:Conference
 For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


Review
I adore this book with all my heart. I was hooked from page one. I love how girly it was. It didn't really seemed dystopian to me. I would say its more of a laid back dystopian. It did have some moments that reminded me of the hunger games but I wouldn't compare the two. There both very different.


Let me start off by saying who doesn't love a hot prince. Maxon is such a sweetheart. He has a hard job. He has to narrow it down from 35 to 1. If I was him I wouldn't know what to do with myself. He handles everything very well. I'm curious to see who he ends up with. I have my fingers crossed its America. I liked Aspen at first. He was so rude to America when he broke things off. That wasn't needed. I never would forgiven him. I adore America. She is a great main character. Her name is adorable and she is so sweet. I like how she didn't act like she was too good for anyone. She's going to be one of my favorites for awhile.


The plot didn't really have a lot of action but it wasn't slow. It was more the day to day life of the girls. I liked that. It felt like we got to know everyone . Overall I really love this book. I already want to reread it. I can't wait to see where this story is going to go. I highly recommend. 5/5 stars


Jasmine <3

2 comments:

  1. I am glad so loved it! Aspen just needed to sallow his pride ..true love shouldn't be about providing. I completely fell in love with America too! If she was a real person I would so have a girl crush on her. LOL! I'm Team Maxon too! Great review :)

    Happy Reading! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :). I kinda wished Aspen wouldn't come back into the book but sadly he did. I am dying for the sequel. This wait is going to be killer.

      Delete