Sunday, June 24, 2012

Freak by E.K. Henry Review


Freak
Reading Level:Young Adult
Self Published
Source: Author
First book in a possible series
*this was gifted to me by author for review*
Being a lower-class human born into a world where vampires rule sucks. No matter how hard Juniper Rayne tries to fit in, she's labeled a freak. When her dad signs the family up to take part in a reality television show, Juniper hopes that it'll give her the edge she needs to shed her freak label.
Unfortunately for Juniper, vampires aren't that accepting.
She decides to take control of her life and become a vampire hunter, instead of continuing to live in her own personal hell any longer.
She will regain control or die trying.



Review
This book is incredibly intense. I'm not even joking I was screaming then walking around my house freaking out. Then I had to explain why I was freaking out to my family so they could know that I was still sane. This book is like the most amazing roller coaster. At first I wasn't sure about it but I ended up loving it with all my heart.


Juniper annoyed me in the beginning. She seemed very bratty and annoying. She grew on me. I ended up liking her character a lot. I like how she was always standing up for herself. I love Brandon. I like his personality and his protectiveness over Juniper. I also like how he didn't take any crap from anyone. Their relationship was a little insta love but I have never minded insta love. I know a lot of people don't like it but I like all kinds of love. Once Brandon came into the story I liked it the story more and I started reading very fast. Brandon and Juniper are a perfect couple and are the reason I loved this so much.


The TV show didn't really make a lot of sense to me. It was a good way to get the story going and it was important but I think the story would have been just as amazing without it. I really liked how it was more humans against vampires. That's different than most vampire books. As I said earlier this book is very exciting. The plot is fast and there is lots of twists. It was impossible for me to put down once I started it. Overall I really enjoyed this book. In extremely happy I got the chance to read it and I highly recommend. 5/5 stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment