Monday, March 23, 2015

Arclight by Josin L. McQuein Review

Arclight (Arclight, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Source: Conference
First book in the Arclight series
No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. A harrowing, powerful debut thriller about finding yourself and protecting your future—no matter how short and uncertain it may be. 
The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can’t get in. Outside the Arclight’s border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man’s-land. That’s where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced or the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She’s the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who’s determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.
When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn’t even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again?

Review
I didn't really know what to expect from this story. It was really complex. It was a little darker than my normal reads. But, I think that's one of the reasons I enjoyed it. It was very unique. 

Marina is known as the girl who survived. She doesn't remember who she is or where she came from. The Fade want Mariana. One Fade infiltrates the Arclight and everything changes. 

I really liked Mariana. She has an interesting backstory. I loved how accepting she was. She was also very strong and determined. She wanted answers and would stop at nothing to get them. I loved the way she stood up for herself and for those around her. I really enjoyed Tobin and Anne-Marie. I loved the way they stuck by Mariana. 

This is one complex story bright of the bat there's a lot going on. It takes a little bit to figure things out. I did get a little confused at times. I loved the strict setting of the Arclight. I loved all the darker aspects. The Fade made an exciting addition to the story. I loved how complex they were. At first you think their really scary, but once you get to know them you realize they aren't. Overall I enjoyed this story. It never stopped surprising me. I cannot wait to continue it. 

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment