Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Fairytale Keeper Avenging The Queen by Andrea Cefalo Review

The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging the Queen
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:Scarlet Primrose Press
First in The Fairytale Keeper series
Expected Publication:June 1st 2012
*this was gifted to me by author for review*
Snow White was a pet name her mother had given her, but her mother’s dead now. Adelaide hates that name anyway. A rampant fever claimed Adelaide’s mother just like a thousand others in Cologne where the people die without Last Rites and the dead are dumped in a large pit outside of the city walls. Adelaide’s father is determined to obtain a funeral for his wife, but that requires bribing the parish priest, Father Soren. When Soren commits an unforgivable atrocity, he pushes Adelaide to her breaking point, but if she seeks justice against the cruel priest, she risks sacrificing everything: her father, her friends, her first love, and maybe even her life

Review
This wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was about snow white but it wasn't. It was more of a mix of fairy tales. There would be a passage from a fairytale and then the chapter would be about that passage. I think that is such a cool concept.


I really like Adeladie. I love how adventurous she was and how she wasn't embarrassed about her lifestyle. Her little romance with Ivo was so cute. I love how innocent it was. I also love how she stayed true to herself and what she believed. Even if it was someone close to her or a family member that doesn't change her opinion on their actions. I absolutely adore Ivo. I love everything about him he's adorable. I love the relationship between Ivo and Addie. They were friends but they weren't ever really just friends. There was always something more. I live how protective he was over her. I didn't like either of their families. Except Lexi him I liked.


I really love how the author did this storyline. I love historical fiction. It wasn't too fast paced but it wasn't slow either. I really love the concept and the characters. Everything was well done and I really enjoyed this. I'm really looking forward to the sequel and I highly recommend :). 5/5 stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment