Monday, May 7, 2012

Caged by Sophie Davis Review

Caged (Talented Saga #2)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Self Published
Second book in Talented series
After her brush with death at Ian Crane’s compound, Talia Lyons feels like a prisoner, confined in her childhood home. Plagued with seizures- the result of an unidentified drug injected in her neck by Crane’s men- Talia must put her dream of becoming a Hunter on hold. So when Agency Director McDonough asks Talia to go undercover at the School for the Talented, to find the spy who set the trap for her in Nevada, Talia jumps at the opportunity.

Soon she learns that her new-found freedom comes with a price- working with Donavon on a daily basis. As if that isn’t awkward enough, her former teammate, Erik, also shows up at the School. But at least Talia has the unexpected company of her best friend Penny; to not only assist her in uncovering the spy, but also to deal with the complications that the guys create.

As Talia becomes more entrenched in her assignment, she quickly learns the lengths that the Agency and Mac will go in the name of war. With Crane’s influence spreading, Talia learns that there are few Operatives without ties to the Coalition. Forced to face hard truths and dangerous conclusions, Talia realizes that it is those closest to her who are hiding the biggest secrets. As the task of finding the traitor becomes more problematic, desperation and frustration rule Talia’s world. It becomes clear that Talia can’t do this alone. But who can she trust, when everyone around her is lying?


Review
I loved Talented. This was even better. The end of Talented left me pining for more. This series has an amazing concept with an even more amazing set of characters. I read this in like a day. It was impossible to put down. Now I'm sad its over and am impatiently waiting for the next book.


Talia is such a cool main character. I love how real she is. She handles everything like an other teenage girl would. When she considered taking Donavon back I wanted to shake her. He bothers me so very much. Sure he has his sweet moments but he also has his jerk moments. There's more jerk moments than sweet. I absolutely adore Erik. He cracks me up. His personality is hilarious but hes also very sweet and loving. Talia and Erik were probably my favorite part. They were seriously adorable. I was really surprised who the spy was. That was hidden incredibly well. I had no idea. I was shocked. I am gonna miss that character though. I'm not sure if they will be in the next book or not. I'm also doubting what side some of the characters are on. Who's good and who's bad. I hope we find out more about that in the third book.


The plot was a little slow at times. It wasn't as fast paced but all the twists made up for it. Overall I loved this. It was so so so good. I cant wait for the third one to come out. I highly recommend this series. Its becoming one of my favorites. 5/5 stars


Jasmine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment