Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Legend review

Legend (Legend, #1)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:Putnam
First in a trilogy
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills


Review
When I started this I didn't think I was gonna like it very much. I thought the beginning was kinda slow and it confused me. Idk what I was thinking. This book is absolutely amazing in every way possible. I love how one of the biggest parts of this is family. All Day thinks about is what he can do to take care of his family. This was a little gruesome at times but I honestly think that's just a part of the storyline. There in basically a war zone. Of course it's gonna be a little gruesome.


Day is like the god of all criminals. The relationship between June and Day was absolutely adorable. I love how they think about each other none stop and wonder why she turned me in or he killed my brother. June is like this awesome ninja spy. Tess is like the big sister who nurses everyone's wounds. I hated Thomas with a passion. When he kissed June I couldn't stop saying ew.


Overall the storyline was unique and exciting. I've never read a book quite like this. If you haven't read this I suggest you do. This will forever be one of my favorites.
5/5 Stars
Jasmine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment