Thursday, December 8, 2011

Clockwork Prince joint review

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)

Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Second book in The Infernal Devices Trilogy


In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

I bought this book the day it came out and finished it at 4 in the morning the same day it was that good. People are always saying that they love The Infernal Devices more than The Mortal Instruments and I didn`t but now they’re pretty equal in my mind.


Cassandra Clare is without a doubt one of my all time favorite authors but she really knows how to torture her readers. First with The Mortal Instruments and now with The Infernal Devices. She creates these characters that are not just one dimensional place holders for the plot to develop around their real and they stick with you. Then once you love them she puts them in these horrible situations that you could never imagine yourself being in and getting through.


Speaking of characters I love Tessa she`s an amazing heroine. She`s not whiny or shallow she`s incredibly strong despite all the stuff she`s going through with Will and Jem and her brother and not knowing what she is. Oh Will sigh. You learn a lot about him in this book and you figure out why he tries so hard to push people away and it made me love him even more. I guess I just love my Herondale boys :) and Jem oh Jem he`s such a sweetheart and I`m so conflicted. I`ve never really liked love triangles and I didn`t understand it when people couldn`t decide who they wanted the girl to end up with I always knew who the girl should be with and really didn`t like the other guy but it wasn`t like that with this book. You have two amazing guys who are best friends and are in love with the same girl and they both deserve her and I just kept going back and forth. I loved the new characters like Gideon and his creeptastic dad and I loved how cute Henry and Charlotte were. :)


Overall I thought this book was amazing it had me crying on one page and laughing on the next. I absolutely hate how long we have to wait for Clockwork Princess as it always is with Cassie's books I have no idea what`s going to happen next.

-Marissa <3


Cassandra Clare is very good at ripping out your heart and stomping all over it.As much as I loved this book it was torture . This book has one of the most epic love triangles I`ve ever seen.I don't really like to compare books I somewhat liked Mortal Instruments better for awhile but their completely different and both extremely amazing.I really like books that you cant put down and this is one of the best I bought it the day it came out and 8 hours later I was done.

Tessa is one of my favorite female main characters in anything I`ve ever read.She knows how handle herself and she always has someone else's feeling in mind.In Clockwork Angel Will was my favorite I liked Jem but I liked Will better.Now I don't know who to chose and its breaking my heart.I'm happy about some of the stuff revealed in this it answered the questions Ive been curious about for awhile.

As with any book when its over you want more and most of the time you have a very long wait.Clockwork Angel left me extremely curious and now I'm even more curious with that cliffhanger ending.I loved how the old characters and the new mixed Cassie pulled that off perfectly.

The wait for Clockwork Princess will be grueling.This review was kinda hard to write because its hard to explain how amazing this book was.All I can say to explain my feelings for this is read it for yourself you wont regret it.

5/5 Stars
Jasmine <3

1 comment:

  1. I just finished this book, and it was too good to be true! Clockwork Angel left me wanting more and this book gave me more. It had such a crazy love triangle, and so much energy. There are not enough words in the dictionary to say how much I loved this book. You really need to read this. It's got so much passion, secrets, discoveries and action.

    ReplyDelete