Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (56)




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists
 
This weeks topic was bookish things I want to own, but I couldn't think of very many at the moment so I decided to rebel a little. Instead. I'm doing Top Ten Books I Got At TLA. I got a plenty of great books that I'm super excited about so it was hard to just pick ten. Keep an eye out in the future for early reviews or giveaways for some of these!


  • Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor-Since this came out a week ago, I obviously didn't get an ARC of it, but I don't care. I'm so excited for this that I can't even. Nope. Can't
  • Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers-Getting an ARC of Grave Mercy at TLA two years ago is what started my love for this series, so it seems fitting. I still can't believe they had this and that I got one.
  • Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini-I seriously loved her Starcrossed trilogy, so of course I'm going to read anything she writes. Plus this is about witches. And Salem. And alternate universes. Yes please.
  • The Murder Complex by Lindsey Cummings- I feel like I've been waiting for this book for ages. It sounds so action packed and epic and the cover is fabulous. Plus Lindsey is a local author who is super lovely.
  • Neptune Red by Leila Howland-I got Neptune Blue last year at TLA and I adored it. Even though I'm kind of scared for my babies, I'm still dying to read this.
  • Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern-I've been hearing a lot of buzz about this lately and I just really want to read it. It sounds so different, but in a good way. Hopefully it will cure my contemporary fix, even if only temporarily.
  • In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo-Not only is this written by the awesome Kiersten White, but the illustrations are gorgeous.
  • The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith-This book actually came out today and I'm super happy that I already have it. I just recently read the other two books in this kind of series and I loved them. This one sounds just as adorable.
  • Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson-Something about the synopsis for this one reminded me of Grave Mercy so I immediately wanted to read it. I'm a sucker for historical fiction.
  • Second Star by -Not only is this a retelling of Peter Pan, it's one where teenaged Wendy is torn between Peter and Hook. I'm not normally a fan of love triangles, but dang.
Those are my picks this week! Even though I didn't stick to the topic, I would love to see your posts if you did, Be sure to link in the comments.

Marissa









1 comment:

  1. i've read only the geography of you and me from that list. I really enjoyed Nantucket Blue, and i'm super excited for the murder complex, and mortal heart! (though i need to read the second book ASAP!)

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete