Monday, June 2, 2014

Vengeance by Megan Miranda Review


Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Source: Gift
Second book in the Fracture series
Nobody really believes in a curse. Until you know the people who disappear. Too much coincidence, you look for reason. Too much death, you grasp for something to blame. Carson pulled Delaney out and he died on the side of the road with her mouth pressed to his. Her air in his body. Troy. She told the cops it was suicide. Didn't matter. The lake released her and grabbed another. But when Decker's father dies in a pool of spilled water on their kitchen floor, all Decker can feel is a slow burning rage. Because he knows that Delaney knew that his dad was going to die. She knew and backed out of his house and never said a word. Falcon Lake still has a hold on them both, and Decker can't forgive Delaney until he knows why.

Review
I didn't know Fracture wasn't a stand alone. I was very excited when I found out there would be a sequel! I didn't LOVE this but I thought it was a great companion.

This is told from Decker's point of view. He knows something isn't right with Falcoln Lake. When his dad dies, Decker blames Delaney for not telling him it was going to happen. He wont forgive her until he understands why.

Decker honestly pissed me off. I wanted to slap him pretty much throughout the whole book. I think that was the point though. I understand why he was acting the way he was, but that doesn't mean I liked it. I hated seeing him so lost and alone. I really enjoyed getting to know him better! It was nice to see Delaney again too.

I have some mixed feelings about this story. I liked the plot but it was a little confusing. I found myself enjoying the second half way more than the first. It took me forever to get into the story. I had pretty much no idea what was going on throughout the whole book. Once I kinda understood what was going on, I ended up loving the story. I loved how dark and mysterious it was! Overall this was a nice read. I was happy to be back in the world. I'm glad I got to read it! 


Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment