Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (61)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists
The topic this week is Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year. I always have a hard time narrowing down on any kind of favorites list, but when I looked back a few gems stood out. (These are in order of when I read them)


  • Champion by Marie Lu-This is honestly one of the best ends to a trilogy I've read in a while. Even though it was also one of the most heartbreaking. It just worked for the story so well.
  • Kate McGarry anything-Y'all. This ladies characters stick with me like nothing else. Even though I read Dare You To and Crash Into You in the beginning of the year and only just read Take Me On, the characters from the first two are just as fresh in my mind as the ones I just read about. Katie McGarry is a contemporary queen. Okay, I'm done. I promise.  
  • Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano-I've learned to expect nothing less than perfection from Lauren DeStefano. I read this pretty in a day and freaking loved it. So original and cute and beautifully written and gah.
  • Cress by Marissa Meyer-I'm sure you're tired of hearing about this series by now. But there's a reason no one can stop talking about it. Every book just gets better and better. I'm sure Winter will be on my Top Ten list next year, too.
  • Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy-No, I'm not biased because Julie is my fave, why are you asking. Even though I'm sure you've seen pretty mixed reviews for this one, I can't do anything but gush about it. I'm notorious for taking ages to read an ebook, but this one took me a few hours. Just read it. Please?
  • The Selection Series-Yeah so this series probably won't be a literary classic and definitely has it's flaws. But there was so much drama and craziness and I haven't read anything so addicting in a while. Perfect guilty pleasure that I'm not ashamed to say I loved.
  • City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare-Because if a Cassie Clare book comes out I can't not put it on a favorites list. And also because I still get sad when I look at all of them together on my shelf. Hmph.
Okay so that was kind of more than ten, but I promise I really tried to narrow it down. I've read some pretty amazing books this year. Have you? Let me know in the comments!


Marissa



No comments:

Post a Comment