Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (49)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This weeks topic is Top Ten Reasons I love Being a Reader/Blogger. Once I got to thinking about it, it was very easy to come up with more than ten reasons. There's so many things to love about it, here's some of them!


  • I love being a reader because I can escape. If I'm having a bad day, or maybe I'm just tired of being in the real world I can pick up a book and be instantly transported. For a little while I can focus on a whole different world with completely new people. And it's way cheaper than a plane ticket!
  • I love being a blogger because of the community.Whether it's online or at events, since becoming a book blogger I've met so many people who love books as much as I do. I could talk to these people for hours and I honestly consider them my friends. On top of a great outlet on the internet, there's also an amazing group of bloggers where I live.
  • I love being a reader because it gives me a hobby. I honestly don't know what I would do with my time if I wasn't a reader. It's pretty much all I do in my spare time. All I know is I would be incredibly bored, but get way more sleep.
  • I love being a blogger because of the people. I already talked about this a little, but I've met some really great people through blogging. It's amazing how one tweet, or holding a spot in line can start a friendship but for me it has. There's too many to name, but I really have some amazing blogger friends. Thanks y'all :)
  • I love being a reader because it can cause an instant connection. If you find someone else who likes to read it doesn't matter if you just met you'll automatically have something to talk about. With the love for the same book strangers can easily become friends.
  • I love being a blogger because it's an outlet. Even though being a reader makes me want to stay in all day reading, because I blog I never feel like a loner. I know that whether it's a rant or a rave I have tons of people who will understand.
  • I love being a reader because it makes me smarter. I learn way more about the world and people through the pages of books than I ever could in school. I get to travel the world, meet new people, and experience different things all without having to leave my bed. I don't know anything else that can do that.
  •  I love being a blogger because of the interaction with authors. Without blogging I never would have heard about all of the author events that I have. I probably never would have met Veronica Roth, or John Green, or Stephanie Meyer. I never would have had a conversation on Twitter with an author about their book or some other silly thing. Even though blogging is a lot of work all those interactions and conversations make it worth it.
  • I love being a reader because of how it makes me feel. It sounds cheesy, but I love how little scratches on paper can make me feel so strongly. Sure, sometimes when I'm crying about a series ending or a character dying I wonder why I do this to myself. Why I get so emotionally invested over fictional characters and not real situations. But then I get super excited when I finally get my hands on a book I've been waiting ages for, or I'm happy when the characters are happy and I wouldn't change it.
  • I love being a blogger because I get to do it with my bestfriend. That might be even cheesier, but it's true. Me and Jasmine first bonded over books and I love how we get to bond over this, too. Every high or low, or amazing experience we've had, we've had it together and that makes it so much better. And honestly I kinda suck at it so I couldn't do it without her.
Wow. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but this might be one of my favorite topics. It made me think and really appreciate and it got way deeper than I expected. But hey, that's what blogging is for, right? Kudos for reading through all that.

What was on your top ten this week? Any of ours the same? Different? Let me know and link your post below. Oooh that rhymed.

Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment