Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Liberator by Victoria Scott Review

The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Bought
Second book in the Dante Walker series
Bad boy, meet bad girl.
Dante has a shiny new cuff wrapped around his ankle, and he doesn't like that mess one bit. His new accessory comes straight from Big Guy himself and marks the former demon as a liberator. Despite his gritty past and bad boy ways, Dante Walker has been granted a second chance.
When Dante is given his first mission as a liberator to save the soul of seventeen-year-old Aspen, he knows he’s got this. But Aspen reminds him of the rebellious life he used to live and is making it difficult to resist sinful temptations. Though Dante is committed to living clean for his girlfriend Charlie, this dude’s been a playboy for far too long…and old demons die hard. 
With Charlie becoming the girl she was never able to be pre-makeover and Aspen showing him how delicious it feels to embrace his inner beast, Dante will have to go somewhere he never thought he’d return to in order to accomplish the impossible: save the girl he’s been assigned to, and keep the girl he loves.


Review
I cannot get enough of this story. This was the best sequel! It had the same fabulous characters along with some new ones. The storyline had all the things I loved about the first book with a new plot! 

Dante has a brand spanking new cuff. He's gotten his first assignment and it's a toughie! Aspen is a bad girl. Dante is trying to be good for Charlie. But Aspen could make anyone go bad. 

Dante is like the perfect good, bad boy. His snark was definitely not lacking anything. I love how he takes everything seriously. I love his loving, sweet side. I loved getting to see a new side of him. He's getting pretty badass. Not that he wasn't before! I was happy to see so much of Charlie and her friends. Aspen made a great addition to this story. She was very tough and strong but still had a sweet side to her. I can't wait to see more of her in the next book. 

I may have liked this storyline more than the first. It was so exciting and fun. I loved getting to learn more about the Liberators. I loved all the action. I didn't see anything coming. I ended up reading this I'm just one sitting. It was impossible to put down. Overall I thought this was a perfect sequel. I am so glad I'm finally in on this series. If you haven't checked out this series, I highly recommend! 

Jasmine



No comments:

Post a Comment