Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Collector by Victoria Scott Review

The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Bought
First book in the Dante Walker series
He makes good girls...bad. 
Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.
Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:
Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.
Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.



Review
It's really about time I read this book. This book has so much hype among my blogger friends. I was a little worried I wouldn't enjoy it as much as everyone else did. Luckily, that wasn't the case. I really enjoyed this story!

This tells the story of Dante. Dante has all the confidence in the world. He knows he's the best at what he does. Boss Man has given him the job of a lifetime. What Dante doesn't know is this job could change him in more ways than one.

I went into this story expecting to hate Dante. Believe me he had his jerk moments. But, I enjoyed him right from the start! His personality is something else. I love his snark. By the end of the book he had my whole heart. Charlie made the best addition to this story. She was very unique. I loved how true to herself she was. Even after she changed she was still herself. Let me just say Annabel and Blue were the best secondary characters ever! The story wouldn't have been the same without them.

This book seriously had the best storyline. It had a tons of humor. There was lots and lots of action. I didn't see any of the twists coming. The characters were fantastic. I read this in one sitting. It really was impossible to put down. It blew my expectations out of the water. All the hype this book has is very well deserved. If you haven't read this one, I highly recommend!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment