Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (47)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This weeks topic is Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry. This was a easy topic for me because if you haven't already noticed I cry at everything. It's bad. Since I'm sure not everyone is as big a baby as me I don't know how many of these will make somebody else cry, but they certainly made me.
  1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green-This one is sure to make everyone cry, at least a little. It gets the top spot for being the first book ever to make me ugly cry. It's also the one that has made me cry at every sad thing since. It broke me, y'all.
  2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare-Every book in this series has brought me to tears at one point, but this book made me cry worse than any other book. Never before have I sobbed every hundred pages. But I still loved it.
  3. Allegiant by Veronica Roth-This is another one that I'm sure made many others cry. I had to put the book down a few times because I couldn't see through the tears. Or breathe. I'm still torn up about it. Not angry, just torn up.
  4. Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl-This gets it's spot because I cried the first time I read it, and then even harder the second time around. One of the worst cliffhangers ever.
  5. Champion by Marie Lu-I read this one last month and oh my word, I cried. So much happened in the last 50 pages that I could barely catch my breath. It was a genius move on Ms. Lu's part and I loved/hated it.
  6. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis-The last 50 or so pages of this book were not very nice. Part of me was like no, the author wouldn't really do that and part of me was like she so would and I was sobbing and it was just evil.
  7. Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck-I cried for the same reason as above. If it hadn't been that character I might have been okay. But nope.
  8. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan-I think the ending of this one is talked about enough that I don't really have to explain myself. When he couldn't reach his sword I just lost it.
  9. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson-I just read this one and dang. I knew it was going to be sad, but I didn't prepare myself for that. I still don't want to think about it.
  10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman-I didn't ugly cry in this one, but there was definitely tears when Adam gave his speech towards the end.
Bonus! All Our Yesterdays By Cristin Terrell-I didn't cry a ton in this one, but props to the author for making me cry in a first book over a certain character. She writes a killer book.


Those were my picks! Any that you were surprised that I included? Any that I didn't? Let me know and be sure to link you TTT in the comments :)

Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment