Monday, July 1, 2013

Burning Blue by Paul Griffin Review

Burning Blue
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Dial
Source: Conference
Stand Alone
How far would you go for love, beauty, and jealousy?
When Nicole Castro, the most beautiful girl in her wealthy New Jersey high school, is splashed with acid on the left side of her perfect face, the whole world takes notice. But quiet loner Jay Nazarro does more than that--he decides to find out who did it. Jay understands how it feels to be treated like a freak, and he also has a secret: He's a brilliant hacker. But the deeper he digs, the more danger he's in--and the more he falls for Nicole. Too bad everyone is turning into a suspect, including Nicole herself.
Award-winning author Paul Griffin has written a high-stakes, soulful mystery about the meaning--and dangers--of love and beauty.


Review
My goodness this book was amazing. It did take me awhile to get into but once I did, I couldn't stop. I loved the story so much. The concept was incredibly intriguing and the characters stole my heart. 

This tells the story of Nicole. Someone squirts acid on her face. Jay is determined to find out who and why. As Jay and Nicole grow closer, he finds himself closer and closer to the truth. 

This one is told from Jay's perspective with a few glimpses of Nicole's. Jay was a drop dead amazing character. I loved him so much. I loved that all he wanted was the truth. He didn't plan on falling for Nicole it just happened. I really enjoyed Nicole. She was pretty complex though. Closer to the end it was hard to keep up. Her story kinda ripped my heart out. I liked how much she grew. I thought both Jay and Nicole were amazingly well done. 

I think the best part of this book was the storyline. It had this mystery aspect that kept my on my toes. You honestly have no idea where the story is going. All the twists shocked me. Once I got into the story there was no turning back. The story wasn't incredibly fast paced but it did keep me flipping the pages. Overall I think this is a fabulous read. It's very unique. I really enjoyed it. If your a fan of mystery then you will too!

Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. AH! I've been keeping my eye on this book! I REALLY want to read it now after reading your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this book on my kindle for a while and haven't gotten to it. It looks great and I think the whole idea is pretty unique. It sounds very emotional and The mystery sounds like it will keep you interested throughout the whole story. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really interesting. After reading your review, I'll definitely have to give this a look!

    ReplyDelete