Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (26)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
  

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of us will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All that's asked is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
 
This weeks topic is Top Ten Favorite ways to start and/or end a book. This is a tough one. I'm not going to use actual books I'm going to just give y'all an example.
  1. Cliffhangers. Me and Cliffhangers have a love/hate relationship. If done well I really enjoy them, if not they bother me.
  2. Mystery. I like when a book starts of mysterious. It really makes me get into it.
  3. Two characters. I like when it isn't just one character when a book starts or ends. I like that glimpse of the other character.
  4. Room for the imagination. I'm going to use Requiem as an example. Everyone hated that ending but I loved it. I like deciding how I want it to end.
  5. Things tied up. Yes I like when I can decide but its nice when you aren't left with questions.
  6. Unpredictable. I hate when I know exactly how a book is going to end. I want it to surprise me!
  7. Exciting. I love when a book ends or starts with a bang.
That's it for me. I couldn't think of any more. Be sure and leave me your picks this week in the comments!
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. Cliffhangers! I agree- total love/hate relationship! And I completely agree about two characters- I LOVE seeing both sides! Great list Jasmine!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, cliffhangers! I love to hate them! While they drive me crazy--um, WHAT just happened, and I have to wait like a year to find out?! WHAT IS LIFE?!--I do like them. They add something fun and thrilling to a book and keep me more intrigued to read the next book.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliffhangers is such a good topic! Love and hate them! I love them more when the next book in the series is already on my self waiting for me! :)
    Great list

    ReplyDelete