|Top Ten Tuesday is an original
feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the
Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks
and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of us will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All that's asked is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This weeks topic is Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations. This was a very easy topic for me because there has been so many movies based on books that came out in the past couple years that I have either loved or hated.
I decided to split it up into the ones I loved, the ones I didn't, and the ones I'm most excited for.
- Breaking Dawn Part 2-I could put all of them on this list, but this was probably my favorite movie of them all. It captured the story and the emotions and the drama of the book so well. It felt like I was seeing the pages on screen. I also cried harder than I ever have in a movie. Probably 75% of it. I know. I'm strange.
- Harry Potter-These are some of the best adaptions ever and some of the best movies ever. Every time they have a Harry Potter weekend I sit in front of the TV and deal with the same commercials over and over for hours. My favorites are the 3rd one, 6th one, and the last one.
- The Hunger Games-I think this is the most true to the book movie I've seen in a while. All the actors played their parts so well. Plus John Hutcherson. I mean come on.
- The Host-I know some people didn't like this one, but I loved it. The cast and crew did such an amazing job making a sci-fi book that is over 600 pages into a movie that was so much fun to watch. It also helped that the cast was VERY nice to look at ;).
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief-This one is kind of a given. There's a reason the author hasn't even seen it. I could have forgiven them for the not so great casting (other than Logan Lerman of course) if they hadn't completely changed the story. They took out all the stuff that made the series so great.
- Beautiful Creatures-This the only adaption that made me want to walk out of the theatre. I really liked the cast and I would have enjoyed it just as a movie. But the second half was completely different than the book and it broke my heart.
The ones I can't wait for:
- City of Bones-I love this series and I've been waiting so long for it to be made into a movie. The cast is fabulous and all the pictures and trailers that have been released look so amazing. I'm a ball of excitement.
- Catching Fire-The first one was on the list of the best so of course I can't wait to see this one. This is my favorite book of the series and there's so many scenes I want to see on the big screen. Plus more Josh Hutcherson.
- Divergent-I don't think I know anyone who isn't excited about this movie. The book was practically made to be a movie. All the pictures that I have seen have blown me away. If you've seen the picture of Four you know exactly what I'm talking about.