Sunday, June 30, 2013

Elegy by Tara Hudson Review

Elegy (Hereafter #3)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen
Source: Conference
Third and final book in the Hereafter series
A stalker ghost, misguided Seers, and spellbinding wraiths—Amelia Ashley has faced them all. Now her greatest hope is to spend the rest of her afterlife with her living boyfriend, Joshua. But the demonic forces return to give her an ultimatum: turn herself over to the darkness or watch them murder one living person per week until she does.
Amelia fears she might really be doomed, until the forces of light give her another option. She can join them in their quest to gather souls, with a catch: Once she joins them, she can never see Joshua again.
Faced with impossible choices, Amelia decides to take her afterlife into her own hands—and fight back.


Review
I'm going to start of saying I was terrified to read this. Just look at the synopsis. Not only that but I had so many people tell me I was going to cry and saw so many reactions. Even though I was worried, this was an amazing ending. It made my expectations look easy. 

This concludes Amelia's story. She's not human but she's not a full ghost either. Both the light and the dark want her on their side. Amelia knows she's in for one hell of a ride. She's not sure how much of herself is going to survive. 

I think I enjoyed Amelia the most in this. She was so strong. I liked how she didn't give up. I also liked that she was willing to try anything. One thing I love about her personality is how caring she is. She always outs others above herself. She's grown so much and I'm incredibly proud of her. Joshua broke my heart in this. He had it bad. But he tried to stay strong.  He was always there if someone needed him. Plus he's the biggest sweetheart ever. Amelia and Joshua have the most amazing relationship. It hasn't been easy but they made it work. I'm sad to say goodbye! 

I think this might just have to be my favorite out of the series. It was beyond amazing. The storyline was unpredictable and action packed. It wasn't incredibly fast but just fast enough. I ended up reading this in one sitting in a few measly hours. It was impossible to put down. I doesn't a good half of the book crying my eyes out. Amelia's story really touched my heart guys! I'm so sad to see it end. It's been an amazing adventure though. If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend checking it out.


Jasmine
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! I spent most of it crying too, but Elegy was soooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have seriously been looking at this book, ready to read it, for a while now but haven't because I didn't want the series to end! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to start reading it next!! Love Amelia. Such a great trilogy!

    ReplyDelete