Saturday, June 1, 2013

Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Source: Bought
Fourth book in the Covenant series
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.
Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.
The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.
Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


Review
My body was so ready for this book. Lets just say high expectations doesn't even begin to cover it. Lets also say that this made them look easy.

With the way Deity left off I was a little scared to read this. Alex's story continues. She has just become the Apollyon and formed a bond with Seth. The world around her is in ruins and she has to fight her way out of the I love Seth fanclub.

It's honestly surprising how these characters never cease to get more amazing. Alex is so badass it's not even funny. I love her to death. Aiden has my entire heart in his hands forever. One thing I really enjoyed about Aiden in this one was that he never gave up on Alex. I know what he was going through wasn't easy but he loves her so much that he never lost hope. Seth is Seth. I'm not sure how I feel about him honestly. I have hope he can be a good guy at some point in his life but if he doesn't I won't really care. So we shall see.

I'm going to start off by saying this story never slows. It's completely unpredictable. It was faced paced with tons of action. The characters were as amazing as ever. I loved seeing some of the Greek gods. I loved all the suspense. I loved all the steamy moments! Everything was perfect. I couldn't have imagined it better. There was a baby cliffhanger that left me dying for the next book. If you guys haven't read this series, your missing out!



Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment