Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo



****"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill at the Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.****


My pick for this week is:
Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Expected publication: June 4th 2013 by Henry Holt and Co
Darkness never dies.
Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can't outrun her past or her destiny for long.
The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling's game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.
 
I know it says cover not final but I really hope this is the cover. It's super cute and would go beautifully with the first book. Shadow and Bone was an AMAZING read. It only took me 4 hours to read it. I can not wait for Siege and Storm. I can't wait to see where the story goes. The wait is going to be torture. If your not waiting on this one, you should be. Drop a comment and let me know what your waiting on this week!
 
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of that book.

    New GFC follower!

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Yes Yes Yes!!! Shadow and Bone was one of my favorite books of all of 2012! I didn't even know that the synopsis or the rough copy of the cover had been released yet! And I agree with you, the cover is super awesome looking, although I hope they put something in the background. Thanks for spotlighting this and stopping by my blog. :) Old follower.

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Shadow and Bone lovers :). I agree they should put something in the back! Thanks for leaving a comment <3

      Delete