Monday, December 24, 2012

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel Review

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Source: Publisher
First book in the Vampire Queen series
“Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you... no one.”
Those were some of Rhode’s last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.
It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.
Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.
I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn’t Rhode.
But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.
I never expected to be sixteen again... then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...


Review
This one was a little hard for me to get into. I've never read vampire story about becoming human again. I think that is such a cool concept. I really enjoyed this one. More than I thought I would. It had a great storyline. The characters were pretty well done. The ending wasn't very nice to me so I can't wait to continue this story.

I loved Lenah. I loved how human she was. She fit in so well it was hard to believe she was ever anything but human. I loved the little snippets from her past. I'm still really curious about her past. I think a prequel would be amazing. It was hard to keep up with Lenah towards the end. I was pretty confused. It didn't explain what she was or what she had become. I'm curious to learn more about that in the next book. I loved Justin very much. I thought him and Lenah were the cutest thing ever. I loved how even though he was human, he still played a very big part in the story. Lenah's coven wasn't a huge aspect of the story. One member was featured more than the others and his story was left open so I hope to see some of him in the sequel.

This had a slower plot. There was a good amount of excitement in the beginning and at the end but not much through the middle. It was more focused in Lenah's life as a human. It didn't bore me at all in cacti had problems putting it down. If you fall head over heels in love with the characters you won't be bored. The characters were very well done. I liked the boarding school setting. I loved the unique concept. Overall I really enjoyed this one. It had a lot of aspects I liked. I think it's a great start to the series. I can't wait to see where the story goes. If you like vampires and great characters this one is for you!


Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment