Thursday, November 15, 2012

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan Review

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Random House
Source: Bought
First book in the Lyburn Legacy series
Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.
But all that changes when the Lynburns return.
The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?


Review
I have succumbed to the evilness that is Sarah Rees Brennan. I should have known all along what this book would do to me. It was torture. It was good torture but that's still torture. I did feel an insane need for chocolate after finishing but I shed no tears. You have been warned.

I adored Kami. I loved how she didn't care what people thought of her. She was so comfortable being herself. She has such an amazing personality. She was hilarious but also very smart. I loved how accepting she was. She is the kinda person I would want to be friends with. She was very caring. You could tell her friends were very important to her. I didn't end up liking Ash very much but I loved Jared. Jared was an amazing character. I loved how complex he was. Kami and Jared had such an interesting relationship. I loved their closeness. I can't imagine it's easy to be that close with someone. They had their rocky moments. I hope things get better between them. This had some pretty great secondary characters. I loved how well they worked together.

This had an absolutely amazing storyline. I laughed more while reading this book than I ever have. The humor was amazing. The mystery aspect was great. I loved that I had to wait to see what was going to happen. I couldn't predict the story. The magic was awesome. There was lots of twists and turns. I loved the characters with all my heart. Overall I think this book was made for me. I loved it very much. I couldn't put it down. If you haven't read this one you totally should. Take my earlier warning seriously though!


Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. I am reading the book right now. I am about halfway done and I am loving it so far. All the characters are made of pure awesomeness. :D
    Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad your enjoying the book too. It was oh so wondeful :)

      Delete