Friday, November 30, 2012

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Review

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen
Source: Conference
First book in the Sweet trilogy
Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


Review
Does anyone want to tell me why I didn't read this book a long time ago? No? Okay then. Guys this book was epic! I loved it with all my heart. I read it in about a day. I couldn't put it down. Then when I finished it I wanted more. The storyline was crazy unique. The characters were absolutely amazing. I feel like this book was made for me. Maybe because I'm a pretty good kid so reading something focused on being bad was cool to me. And now sadly I have to wait for the next book.

I loved Anna. She was such an amazing character. I loved that she went from being a good girl to being her version of a bad girl.She only did what was absolutely needed and nothing more. She really came into herself throughout the story. I loved how she tried to stay strong but still let herself have feelings. I also loved how she never gave up on Kai. I can't wait to continue her story. I adored Kai. He isn't the type of character I normally like but I loved him. I felt like we only got to see one side of him. I hope deep down he can be a nice person without losing his bad boy rep. I hope we get to see the nicer side of him in future books. I also hope we get to learn more about him. Kai and Anna were so adorable. If only they could actually be together. That would make me pretty happy. The two of them were what made this book torturous. I wanted them to be happy and cute but it doesn't work that way. I know more of this torture is coming but I can't wait to see where their story goes.

I swear this book had the most amazing storyline ever. It was so unlike anything I've ever read. I loved how unique it was. I loved the bad aspect. It made me wish I had been a bad kid. They seem to have all the fun. We all know I have a special place in my heart for fallen angels. I've never seen them done this way though. I thought the way this author portrayed them was really cool! This book was seriously impossible to put down. It was like a roller coaster that only went up, then it just drops you all of a sudden. I loved it. Overall this was the most amazing read. I wouldn't compare it to any other book. I can not wait to see where the story is going to go. The wait for the sequel is going to make me crazy! If you haven't read this one, you should check it out :).

Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. It's always fun to see one more person fall in love with this book! It's definitely one of my favorites. Yes, the wait for book 2 is definitely going to be painful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the wait is going to be painful! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome review! I actually have this book, but never got around to reading it. I definitely will soon, thanks to this review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a fantastic review, Jasmine! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :) I've got two bonus scenes on my blog, chapters from Kai's point of view, under the Extras section if you need a little something to hold you over before Sweet Peril is out.
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading it! That means so much :). I'll be sure to check out those extra scenes soon.

      Delete
  4. Yay! So glad to see you loved this book! I had recieved an ARC of this baby, so I read this a little while ago, but my love for this book has still not faltered. I just--Kai. *experiences the Feels* Great review!
    And do I see a certain someone who just so happens to have written the book comment here?
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *thinks about Kia and experiences some feels of my own* Thank you Millie! Yes you are correct. I just about died when I saw that comment. Half the time authors don't even read reviews let alone comment on them. That means a lot :)

      Delete