Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin Review

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: Bought
Second book in the Mara Dyer series
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She can’t.
She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.
She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
She’s wrong.
In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


Review
I was highly anticipating this one. I think it was one of the most intense books I've ever read. I read it in like five hours. It was impossible to put down. The suspense and action was insane. It had some real scary moments. I read the first book a pretty long time ago. From what I remember it wasn't too much like this one which I really like. I think this was an absolutely amazing sequel and I can't wait for the third book.

Mara was having some major issues on this. She has such a tough life. I loved how she wasn't letting anyone change her. She's such a strong character. I felt like we really got to know her in this. We learned so many things we didn't know before. I loved how determined and strong she was and how much she cared. She was always trying to push through whatever she was going through. I am still a little curious about her power though. I can honestly say I adore Noah with all my heart. He is amazing. I would say there's two sides to him and we got the chance to see both. The first makes him seem not even real. It makes me wonder how it's even possible to be that amazing. He is so loving and caring. He never gave up on Mara and was willing to do whatever he could to protect her. The second makes him seem a little more real. He let his anger and frustration show. It never lasted long though. If Mara ever doesn't want him(like that's going to happen) I would happily take him under my wing. He knows the way to a girls heart. I am very curious about some secondary characters that came into play near the end. I hope we get to see more of them.

This had such an amazing storyline. The mystery and action was great. I loved how it seemed like the story was unraveling before my eyes. Everything clicked and answered some of my questions. There was still a few things kept secret but I know they will be reveled when the time is right. I never expected any of the twists and turns. I was shocked. Overall this was such an amazing read. It had so many amazing aspects. I think a lot of people will really enjoy this one and I highly recommend checking it out. I very much enjoyed it.




Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment