Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce Review

Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Little Brown
Source: Bought
First book in Fairytale Retellings series
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.
Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?


Review
I adore fairytale retellings. This was a retelling of Red Riding Hood. Ah, it was so good. I loved it with all my heart. I never wanted to put it down. I loved the characters and storyline. This made me want to buy the rest of Jackson Pearce's books and devour them in one sitting(which I plan on doing in the near future).

I did like Rosie a little more than Scarlett. I loved her personality and how her life didn't revolve around the hunt. There was more to her as a person than the hunt. Just because I liked Rosie better doesn't mean I didn't like Scarlett. I actually liked her a lot. I loved how strong she was and how much she cared for her family. I like how serious she took her job. She is amazing at the hunt. I absolutely adore Silas. Hes adorable. I like his strength and personality. I loved how he was willing to do anything for Rosie and Scarlett. They were like a big family. Rosie and Silas were seriously the most adorable thing. I loved how cute they were and that they didn't rush. I'll have to go reread this soon because I'm gonna miss these characters.

I love this books storyline. It was so amazing. I love how this author can take a fairytale and turn it into a completely new unique story. The wolves were perfect and super creepy. I liked how the girls portrayed a stronger version of Red Riding Hood. The plot was so exciting. I loved all the action. This had some pretty shocking twists and I loved every second. To me this was a perfect mix of everything. I loved it so so so much. I highly recommend. I promise I will happily hunt you down and force you because its too good not to read :).5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Jackson Pearce!!! But for some reason, I just haven't gotten to this one yet. I'm glad you liked it!! Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm sure when you read it you'll love it. She can do no wrong in my mind :)

    ReplyDelete