Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (51)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This weeks topic is Top Ten Authors I've Never Read. Once I got to thinking about this it was really easy for me to come up with over ten authors. Even worse is the amount of authors listed whose books I actually own. But I'll get to them someday. Hopefully.




  • Jane Austen-I know some people will agree with me and some people will be appalled. She was like the woman author of her time and her title still holds. Obviously, they're classics, but I know that they are still very relevant today. I love the adaptions that I've seen, and I know I would enjoy them I just need figure out where to start.
  • Holly Black-I've heard such great things about her many books, she's friends with Cassie Clare, and she has really cool hair. Plus I own her entire Curse Workers trilogy. I hope to get started on it this month so don't fret.
  • C. S. Lewis-The Narnia movies are some of my favorites and I had a few of the books read to me when I was younger, but I've never actually read them. I have a bind up of them all so maybe one rainy day I will read them.
  • Patrick Ness-The praise for this mans books is insane. I've had The Knife of Never Letting Go on my TBR for ages and it constantly mocks me. I need to see what it's all about.
  • Charles Dickens-As you can tell from this list I'm lacking in the classics department. Not gonna lie The Infernal Devices is what made me want to read A Tale of Two Cities, but I've heard good things about Great Expectations, as well. Which is also a theme in Cassandra Clare's new series. Oh well.
  • David Levithan-This man has written a lot of books. And I own three of them. And I haven't read any. What even. I feel like there's a fire under my butt now.
  • Stephen King-It's not really my genre, but I've seen tons of Stephen King films and tv shows. Mainly due to my dads love for this author. I'm sure I would enjoy them, I just wouldn't know where to start.
  • Marcus Zusak-Don't hate me. I know. I know. The Book Thief is so many people's favorite book. I've heard amazing things about the movie, but I have been wanting to read it for so long that watching it first just feels wrong. I'll get there, y'all. As soon as I buy it.
  • Kristin Cashore-I'm sorry. Really. I have her whole trilogy signed and waiting for me. It's awful.
  • Rae Carson-As shown above I neglect fantasy so bad. I wanted to read the first one before it had even come out and now the last one has been out since last year. Ugh.


Well that kind of depressed me. But now that I've told you guys I feel like you can hold accountable to read these authors books sometime before I die. Feel free to yell at me in the comments and tell me what your top ten for this week are! 


Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment