Friday, September 27, 2013

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Review

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Putnam
Source: Conference
First book the 5th wave series
The Passage meets Ender’s Game in an epic new series from award-winning author Rick Yancey.
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.



Review
This book has a lot of hype. I had very high expectations since I had heard so many amazing things. It took me longer than it should have to get into this. It was an amazing read! It just took some getting used too. 

It's the dawn of the 5th wave. Cassie is on the run. She knows she's better off alone. Evan Walker becomes her knight in shinning amour. Cassie must decide wether or not to trust him and how to survive. 

I had some mixed feelings about Cassie. Sometimes I really liked her but she had some really annoying moments. When she was on her own she was very strong and determined. Once she got with Evan she lost some of that. She started off great lost a little bit then gained some of it back by the end of the book. I really enjoyed Evan. I did wish we had gotten to know him a little more. I also loved Zombie, Ringer, and Nugget. Even though we didn't see much of them they were my favorite. 

I really had some trouble getting into this story. The first half was hard to get through. Once the story got going I loved it. It was insanely unique. There was lots of action and suspense. It was a little hard to keep up with because there was so much going on. I loved the way the two stories tied together. I also loved that I couldn't predict the storyline. Overall I thought this was a great read. I can't wait to see where the story goes.




Jasmine
 

3 comments:

  1. I go back and forth on whether or not to read this one. I've definitely heard some mixed reviews of it, but I'm really glad to hear you loved it once you got into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been creating a lot of buzz recently, but I've always heard mixed things about it. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I will definitely check out this title! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete