Monday, September 16, 2013

Game by Barry Lyga Review

Game (Jasper Dent, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Little Brown
Source: Conference
Second book in the Jasper Dent series
Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jasper (Jazz) Dent, the son of the world's most infamous serial killer.
When a desperate New York City detective comes knocking on Jazz's door asking for help with a new case, Jazz can't say no. The Hat-Dog Killer has the Big Apple--and its police force running scared with no leads. So Jazz and his girlfriend Connie hop on a plane to the big city and get swept up in a killer's murderous game.
Meanwhile, Jazz's dad Billy is watching...and waiting.



Review
Talk about a killer game. This book is honestly going to give me nightmares. If it wasn't absolutely amazing I would have wimped out and not read it. 

Jazz knows things have only begun. His dad is on the loose and quite unstoppable. Lets just say his first New York experience isn't so great. 

If Jazz hasn't been raised by a serial killer I would want him for myself. He's a fantastically amazing and complex character. He may be a little messed up in the head but it works for him. He's so determined. Nothing ever gets in his way. He's also a pretty caring guy at times. I was really happy Connie and Howie played such big times. They make a great team. I liked getting the New York side and the Nod side. Let me just say that killer is one scary guy. Even though it was a tad confusing and gruesome I was glad we got his perspective too.

This was beyond fast paced. We didn't have one fast story, we had two wrapped into one. We got to see every side of the mystery. This book is huge and I had so much trouble putting it down. Even though it had a lot going on I didn't get confused. I loved all the twists and turns. It was quite gruesome at times and that did throw me off a little. But it was expected so its okay. Overall this was an amazing sequel. If your up for the game, I highly recommend!

Jasmine


 

No comments:

Post a Comment