Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #14



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week is from The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Here's my teaser:
"Even if I turned ninety, lost my mind and forgot everything else, the memory of the Winter prince would be a shining beacon that would never fade." -Page 98 of Jasmine's copy

I thought that was pretty cute. Why it took me so long to read this series I'll never know.

-Marissa

2 comments:

  1. I NEED to read the Iron Fey series, I feel like I'm missing out. Thanks for sharing, great teaser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it surprising that I haven't read this series yet?? I really need to pick it up! The quote sounds so cute, it makes me really want to read the series! It's going to happen soon. Sometime. ;)

    Thanks for sharing Marissa! <3

    ReplyDelete