Saturday, September 8, 2012

Author Love #12: Veronica Roth

Author Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many authors and books out there that we love so much and want the world to know about them. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick one of your favorite authors. Write what you like about them and/or their books. You can also include an author bio and synopsis of their book if you want.

My pick this week is: Veronica Roth


Bio from YA Highway:
Age: 23
Book(s):
DIVERGENT - Harper Collins 2011; INSURGENT - 2012 Location: Chicago suburbs
Veronica is the author of DIVERGENT, a NYT Bestselling YA dystopian thriller published by Harper Collins/Katherine Tegen Books. She's also a graduate of Northwestern University, a Christian, and A Tall Person, among other things.

Website/Twitter: veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com; @VeronicaRoth
Agent: Joanna Stampfel-Volpe of New Leaf Literary
 
So it might be obvious that I love the Divergent trilogy. It's one of my favorite series ever and in my opinion the dystopian genre at it's best. One of the other reasons I love it so much is that Veronica Roth is an amazing author and seems like a person I could be friends with in real life. I got to meet her at TLA this year and get Divergent signed. She was super nice and humble and it kind of seemed like she was amazing by the turn out and shocked that Divergent had gotten so big. She deserves all the credit she gets for her amazing books and I hope she keeps on writing more of them.

Me, Veronica Roth and Jasmine at TLA
Isn't her hair awesome?
-Marissa


P. S. Yes, I know these normally go up on Friday and you all were probably wondering what the heck happened to me. Sorry I was reading and forgot until the end of the day that these were supposed to go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment