Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hunter by C. W. Nash Review

Hunter
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Rocket Science Productions, LLC
Source: Author
First book in a possible series
*This was gifted to me by author for review*
As Cole Alexander prepares to make his way in the world, luck would have it, he meets the love of his life, Leila McLerran. Cole is diagnosed with a horrible disease that forces him to rethink the way that he wants his life to go. With death staring Cole in the face, he makes the decision that he doesn’t want to live the rest of his days without Leila. As Cole and Leila plan for their future together, a vampire forever changes the course of their lives. Left a wreck of his former self, Cole meets Professor Job Fergusson, who steps in to tell him a secret: Cole’s disease gives him a slight edge over the undead and together they can dispose of the world’s plight. Will Cole join the secret society of the Venatori and seek revenge, or is it all too much?


Review
I'm a little conflicted with this. It had a lot of things I liked and it had some things I didn't like. I can honestly say after reading the first few chapters I didn't think I was going to like this very much. There was a little to much insta love. I'm glad I gave it a shot because I ended up enjoying it.

I loved Cole. He's super cute. He has a great personality. His feelings were very strong. He knew what he wanted as soon as he found it. He takes things very seriously. I felt like there was almost two Cole's. The one in the first half and the one in the second. I liked the Cole in the first half better. The Cole in the second half was a very intense character. At that point he had been through a lot. He changed a lot. I can understand why but I just ended up not enjoying his character as much as I was. I loved Lelia and was so sad when she wasn't in the story anymore. I thought their relationship was the cutest thing even though it started off very fast. I think both characters were very well done.

The storyline for this was almost two in one. There was Cole with his happily married life. Then there was Cole the Hunter. The two fit pretty well together. I did end up liking the first half of the book better than the second, just cause it was more up my alley. The second half was still pretty good. There was a lot of action. Overall I ended up really enjoying this. I loved the main character and the storyline was great. I think a lot of people will enjoy this story so I highly recommend. 4/5 stars
 
Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment