Saturday, March 24, 2012

Talented Review

Talented (Talented, #1)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:Self Published
First book in Talented series
*this was gifted to me by author for review*
In a futuristic setting, life on Earth has turned upside down. Due to the Great Contamination - and the leaking of nuclear waste resulting in nuclear contamination - a generation of children with abnormalities are brought into the world. Some, though, are slightly weirder than others. They are the Talented. Whether Morphers, Light Manipulators or Telekinetics, these kids are taught to hone their abilities and make use of them under the protective eye of the government. To use their Talents for good. But all Talia wants is revenge.
Talia joins the Hunters, in the hopes of one day killing Ian Crane - the man who had her parents killed before her eyes. But she has a lot to learn. With help from Hunters Erik and Henri she trains to become what she believes will help ease the pain inside. A thousand question run through her head: Who is she really hurting? Is Donovan, her life-long friend, her true love? Or is Erik, her right hand man? Is revenge a dish best served cold? And most importantly, is the government really protecting the Talented...or is there something sinister occurring behind the smiling facades?


Review
This book seriously blew my mind. The concept is like nothing I've ever read. I read it in one sitting and now I'm dying for more.


Talia is an incredible heroine. Her powers are amazing and her strength is unbelievable. I never change my mind about which boy I like. This is the first time it has happened. When I started it I loved Donavon. Then by the end I hated Donavon and loved Erik. Erik and Talia are meant to be. Their adorable together.How cute they were is probably why I loved it so much. Donavon is just a jerk.


I really wonder how the author came up with this. It's so unique. The storyline never slows down. It's very action packed. Overall I really really really liked this. Im dying for the sequel. I highly recommend this. 5/5 stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment