Sunday, March 4, 2012

Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Katherine Tegan
First in the Newsoul trilogy


New soul
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.
No soul
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
Heart
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.
The cover is originally what drew me to Incarnate. It's definitely one of my all time favorite covers and even when you take the cover off the book is pretty. Even if you don't think you will like this book buy it just because of how pretty it is but believe me the fabulousness of the outside perfectly matches the inside. Everything about this book is just gorgeous. Also can I just say that Jodi Meadows is super nice? I met her at the Dark Days event in Dallas (Jodi if you're reading this I was one of the really excited girls in the front) and she was awesome.


Incarnate is one of the most original books I've read in awhile. The whole idea of a world where people are reincarnated every time they die and are who know how many years old was fascinating. It really makes you think. Ana is an awesome protagonist. I love how curious she was and how she really changes and grows throughout the book. Her whole life she is beaten down by her mother, Li, and she has taken that to heart and believes she's just a good for nothing no soul. The great thing about Sam is that he tries so hard to convince her otherwise and he's so patient about it. Now let's talk (more like I gush and you read) about Sam. He was fabulous, and wonderful, and a musician and I just loved him. Plus guys who play piano are super hot and guys who teach girls to play piano are even hotter and guys who write songs for girls are-okay I'm done I can't even describe how hot that is. The romance between Ana and Sam was slow but it was well worth the wait. They were so perfect for each other and that masquerade scene oh my goodness. I loved all the other characters too. Stef was hilarious and Tera and Ash were such an interesting couple.


I absolutely loved every minute of this book and I could have read another 400 pages. I'm really sad that it's over and I cannot wait for the next one. Can it come out tomorrow? Please? I think you should go read it. Seriously go you already know what the rating is going to be and if this review hasn't convinced you to read it nothing will.
5/5 stars.


-Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment