Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater Review


The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Scholastic 
Source: Bought
Second book in the Raven Cycle
Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. 
Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. 
Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...


Review
I was so excited to finally read this one. I loved the first book with all my heart. I can say the same about this one. It met my expectations easy.

This continues Blue and her Raven Boys adventure. They are on the hunt for the Lost King. But, they aren't the only ones looking. If their going to survive, the must band together.

Blue is honestly the best main character. I love her so much. She has such an amazing personality. I love her go with the flow adventurous side. I also love that she stands up for herself. I really enjoyed Ronan's part in this story. It was cool getting to see so much of him. Adam kinda lost some of my love. He's a great character but he was a little off in this. Noah was fabulous as always. Now onto Gansey. Gansey has my whole heart. He takes some getting used too but I've fallen head over heels for him. He has this crazy unique personality that makes him impossible not to love. I cannot wait to see more of these bad boys and girl.

This storyline is dark. But it's not just dark. It's insanely unique also. That's one of the things I love about this series. I've never read anything like it. It's very fast paced. There was always something going on. I loved how mysterious it was. I couldn't stop reading even if I wanted too. There was tons of action and suspense. Everything felt like a surprise. I really can't wait to continue this story. The wait shall be torture. If you haven't started this series, I highly recommend doing so!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment