Monday, October 14, 2013

Faelorhn by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson Review

Faelorehn (The Otherworld Trilogy, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Self Published
Source: Author
First book in The Otherworld series
*This was gifted to me by author for review*
I never heard him come after me and even as I climbed the slope and stumbled onto our shaded back lawn, I didn’t look back. It was like the day the gnomes chased me all over again, but this time I was not escaping some horrible little creatures, I was fleeing from an incredibly good-looking guy who could very well understand me completely. I was either saving myself from that serial killer I always imagined lived down in the swamp, or I had finally gone over the deep end . . .
Meghan Elam has been strange her entire life: her eyes have this odd habit of changing color and she sees and hears things no one else does. When the visions and voices in her head start to get worse, she is convinced that her parents will want to drag her off to another psychiatrist. That is, until the mysterious Cade MacRoich shows up out of nowhere with an explanation of his own.
Cade brings her news of another realm where goblins and gnomes are the norm, a place where whispering spirits exist in the very earth, and a world where Meghan just might find the answers she has always sought.



Review
This was only okay for me. It had amazing potential but didn't quite meet the mark for me. 

This tells the story of Meghan. She's always had strange dreams. Things start to get crazy and she doesn't know why. Cade mysteriously shows up with some answers she didn't know she needed. 

Meghan wasn't the best main character. I didn't really connect with her. I didn't like how much she let Cade affect her. More towards the end. She not only jumped to conclusions she also totally ignored the logical things she had been told. I mean if your in danger you would think you would be more careful. I liked Cade's character but we didn't see a lot of him. I wished he played a bigger role. 

I think this had a super cool concept. We didn't get too see much of it though. It took me more than half the book to get into it. It was very slow. Most of the action took place at the end. We honestly spent most of the book listening to Meghan pine over Cade. There just wasn't enough story to keep me entertained. I do hope there is a sequel because it did have some good potential. It just needed a little work! 




Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment