Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook Review

Nobody But Us
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Won
Stand Alone
Will
Maybe I'm too late. Maybe Zoe's dad stole all her fifteen years and taught her to be scared. I'll undo it. Help her learn to be strong again, and brave. Not that I'm any kind of example, but we can learn together.
When the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can't run fast enough.
Zoe
Maybe it'll take Will years to come to terms with being abandoned. Maybe it'll take forever. I'll stay with him no matter how long it takes to prove that people don't always leave, don't always give up on you.


Review
This wasn't really what I was expecting. For a book with such a series concept it had some really light moments. I loved the premise of the story. I thought it was such a unique story. The characters did take some getting used too but once I did I enjoyed them.

This tells the story of Will and Zoe. Zoe has an abusive father and Will has been in and out of adopted families all his life. Will wants to save Zoe so they hop in his car and run away. But the police aren't just going to let them go. They may be madly in love but their also on the run.

It was difficult getting used to Will and Zoe. Something felt kinda off. They were both amazing characters though. Will was the cutest thing ever. He was just such a good person. All he wanted to do was take care of Zoe and he was willing to do anything for her. Zoe was so incredibly mature. I can't believe she was only 15. With that being said she had her memes where she acted her age. Will and Zoe were meant to be. They had an amazing relationship. I don't really know why it felt off for me it just did.

One thing I really enjoyed about this Tory was how unpredictable it was. I had no idea where it was going and ended up shocked at times. This didn't haven't insanely fast plot but it didn't bore me. I ended up reading this in one sitting. It had some great aspects. Overall I am so glad I enjoyed this story. I was a little worried since I'd seen some mixed reviews. It was a unique read and I highly recommend.

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment