Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Die For Me by Amy Plum

Die For Me (Revenants, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen
First in the Revenants Trilogy
 My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?
This was my first zombie book ever and now I see why people love zombies so much. In Die For Me a Kate meets super hot and mysterious Vincent, finds out he's not human, meets all his not human friends and falls in love. It reminded me of Twilight in a good way. The paranormal part of it was like nothing I've ever read before. The un-human people were called Revenants and they were these immortal zombie guardian angel things and they were just awesome. And the characters were great. Kate was strong and sad at the same and you felt really bad for her but you also wanted to scream at her sometimes and I liked that. Vincent was sigh just amazing and sweet and wonderful I could go on forever and his story made me want to hug him :( I loved all the other Revenants. Jules and Ambrose and Gaspard and Charlotte and even Charles and Jean-Baptiste. Kates sister Georgia was hilarious and I loved their relationship. Kate and Vincent were the best couple ever.They were funny and cute and I must have said oh my gosh they are adorable a million times when I was reading this. This book was amazing. It was set it Paris and it made me want to go there and learn French and drink hot chocolate and there was tons of romance and action. I loved it with all my heart I never wanted to stop reading and I went everywhere with it and got some weird looks and I finished it in a day and half. If you haven't already read you need too. Right now.
5/5 stars 
-Marissa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment