Thursday, November 7, 2013

Invisibility by David Leviathan and Andrea Cremer Review

Invisibility
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Philomel
Source: Conference
Stand Alone
Stephen has been invisible for practically his whole life — because of a curse his grandfather, a powerful cursecaster, bestowed on Stephen’s mother before Stephen was born. So when Elizabeth moves to Stephen’s NYC apartment building from Minnesota, no one is more surprised than he is that she can see him. A budding romance ensues, and when Stephen confides in Elizabeth about his predicament, the two of them decide to dive headfirst into the secret world of cursecasters and spellseekers to figure out a way to break the curse. But things don’t go as planned, especially when Stephen’s grandfather arrives in town, taking his anger out on everyone he sees. In the end, Elizabeth and Stephen must decide how big of a sacrifice they’re willing to make for Stephen to become visible — because the answer could mean the difference between life and death. At least for Elizabeth.

Review
I've never read an invisible story. I was really excited to finally read this. I had some troubles getting into it but once I did, I loved it! 

This tells the story if Stephen and Elizabeth. Stephen is invisible and has been alone for quite some time. Elizabeth moves into his building and can see him. As they grow closer they start to uncover the truth. 

I loved Stephen and Elizabeth. I loved that they didn't need to be together at all times. They made an amazing team but could still manage apart. They kinda jumped into their relationship. It was very fast but understandable. Laurie made a fabulous addition to the story. I loved him and Stephen and Elizabeth with all my heart. 

This had a very magical storyline. It took some time to get going. Once I got into it I couldn't stop reading. I loved the suspense and action. I had no idea where the story was going. I loved that Stephen being invisible wasn't the only aspect of the story. There was tons of magic aspects. Overall I really enjoyed this  it really surprised me. I highly recommend.


Jasmine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment