Friday, April 24, 2015

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige Review

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Collins
Source: Conference
First book in the Dorothy Must Die series
I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling.
What happened? Dorothy.
They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.
My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas.
I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I've been trained to fight.
And I have a mission.

Review
Can you say creative? This book has more creativity than any book I've ever read! It took a story that everyone has heard and turned it into something magical.

This tells the story of Amy. She's always been average. One day, she gets sucked into a tornado and lands in Oz. She's been told one thing, Dorothy must die. And Amy has to kill her... 

Amy has an incredibly growth throughout this story. She literally goes from being average to being amazing. I loved how strong she became. I loved that she demanded answers. I loved that she cared about right and wrong. I loved that she was always being challenged. I seriously hope we see an insane amount of Nox in the next book. And all of the Wicked. We don't get to learn much about the Wizard or the Order. I hope we get to see a lot of that in the next book as well. 

This book has quite the storyline. It was a little confusing at first. There's a lot of mystery . I loved the good vs bad vibe. I loved that it had all the aspects from the original story but twisted into a new story. It was very original. I loved having no idea what was coming next. I adored all the characters. Overall I thought this was a very impressive read. It had me flipping the pages faster than you could tap your toes tosh there three times. I cannot wait to continue this story! 

Jasmine

1 comment: