Monday, February 9, 2015

Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott Review

Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Scholastic
Source: Bought
First book in the Fire and Flood series
Time is slipping away.... 
Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.
Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.
The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?

Review
It took me a little bit to get into this one. But once I did, I loved it! I thought it was incredibly unique. 

This tells the story of Tella. Her brother is sick. She's been invited to participate in the Brimstone Bleed. Tella doesn't know much about the race but she does know the winner gets a cure. 

I know some people didn't enjoy Tella much but I loved her! I found her easy to relate too and easy to connect with. Yeah she was a little superficial but what teenage girl isn't? I found her very strong and determined. She was also very caring. I loved Guy! I loved how mysterious he was. I loved how he took charge and cared for Tella. I hope we get to see more of him in the next book. I absolutely adored all the Pandoras! They made the story so much more exciting. I loved the variety and all the powers. It was such a unique aspect to the story. 

It was kinda hard for me in the beginning to figure out this story. This has a very complex plot. But I really enjoyed it! I loved how mysterious it was. It kept me on my toes. I loved the different worlds. I loved how exciting everything was. I was really impressed by this story. I thought it was really well done. I cannot wait to see where the story goes next! 

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment