Saturday, September 13, 2014

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell Review

Eleanor & Park
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Source: Bought
Stand Alone
Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.
Eleanor... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.
Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.
Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.

Review
This book has an incredibly amount of hype. I was a little hesitant to read it because I didn't want it to disappoint. But it didn't! It blew me away! 

Set in 1986, this tells the take of first love. Eleanor is new in town. Everyone is judging her for her looks and size. Park is the only person who gives Eleanor a chance. People say first love never lasts but Eleanor and Park are determined to prove them wrong. 

Eleanor took some getting used too. She was very complex. Her life isn't ideal and it showed. I loved how strong she was but not too strong. She didn't let people affect her but she still showed emotion. I did enjoy Park a little more. He was absolutely perfect. I loved how true to himself he was. He was a very unique character. I loved how caring he was. The best thing about Eleanor and Park was how much they loved each other. They were both at their best when together. I was really happy to see them take things slow. You don't get to see that very often. I was also happy to see the struggles in their relationship. It made it very relatable. 

This is contemporary so of course there wasn't much action. The storyline basically consisted of every day high school life. I loved how relatable the story was. I loved the family aspects. I loved that neither of the characters were perfect with perfect lives. The cute parts were of course my favorite part. This is one adorable story. Overall this deserved all the hype it has. I'm so glad I have it a chance. I loved it to pieces!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment